Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"I am the Resurrection and Life" - John 11:17-27

Tributes for Life

John 11:17-27

 17 When Jesus arrived at Bethany, he was told that Lazarus had already been in his grave for four days. 18 Bethany was only a few miles[a] down the road from Jerusalem, 19 and many of the people had come to console Martha and Mary in their loss. 20 When Martha got word that Jesus was coming, she went to meet him. But Mary stayed in the house. 21 Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if only you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But even now I know that God will give you whatever you ask.”
 23 Jesus told her, “Your brother will rise again.”
 24 “Yes,” Martha said, “he will rise when everyone else rises, at the last day.”
 25 Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life.[b] Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. 26Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this, Martha?”
 27 “Yes, Lord,” she told him. “I have always believed you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the one who has come into the world from God.”

1 comments:

Holy Gardens said...

We will live forever in the loving presence of God when we are gone from this earth; when we leave our earthly remains. The Lord is our hope for everlasting life

Holy Gardens